YOUTH CENTRE IS NOW OPENED
*SEE RECREATION SCHEDULE**
Welcome to the Hamlet of Fort Liard's Recreation Department!
Learn about Fort Liard's Recreation Facilities here and click the links on the left or use the drop-down menu at the top to see the latest Recreation News and Schedule of Events.
Fort Liard's Community Hall is home to many activities and events. There is the main hall area with a full kitchen which is used for Community Feasts, Court, and special Community events. It can be rented from the Hamlet Office for public meetings or other events.
FORT LIARD COMMUNITY YOUTH PROGRAMMING
Programming includes Initiatives that promote positive lifestyles to improve the quality of life and well-being of youth under 25 in Fort Liard. Programs focus on activities and initiatives that create a long-term commitment to positive lifestyle choices and includes Traditional Aboriginal cultural events.
AFTER SCHOOL PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROGRAMMING
The After School Physical Activity Program builds on existing programs or creates new physical activities for all school-aged children and youth during the after-school time period with a strong focus on engaging currently inactive or under active youth.
· Provides positive benefits to students.
· Primarily targets inactive or under active children and youth.
· Takes place in the after-school time period (3:30 pm – 8:00 pm);
· Targets school-aged children and youth: 5-19 years old;
· Activities allow all children and youth to participate regardless of experience and/or physical activity level; and,
· Engages and trains youth in positions of leadership and responsibility.
YOUTH CORPS PROGRAMMING
Youth Corps Programming supports programs that target non-mainstream, at-risk, and out of school community youth under 25 years of age. Programming is designed to improve the outlook and opportunities for youth and help them choose to become healthy, educated people who can make responsible personal choices.
Programming aims to:
· Improve the outlook and opportunities for young people in Fort Liard.
· Help community youth to become healthy, educated people who can make responsible personal choices; and,
· Target non-mainstream, at-risk and out-of-school youth under 25 years of age.
YOUTH CENTER OPERATION
The Youth Center Program provides youth with positive and healthy lifestyle programs for Fort Liard Youth under the age of 25 years.
YOUTH RECREATION SPORT AND RECREATION ACTIVITIES
· Participation in recreation and sport events.
· Recreation and sport activities, including traditional aboriginal recreation and sport activities;
· Public aquatics programs in the community indoor swimming pool; and,
· Delivery of recreation training, skills workshops or clinics.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH RESILIENCY PROGRAMMING
Children and Youth Resiliency Programming delivers children and youth programming focusing on healthy childhood development, physical literacy, resiliency, and mental health to people under 25 years of age and children between the ages of 6-12 years of age.
REGIONAL YOUTH SPORT EVENTS
Participation and hosting of regional youth sport events and supporting athletes and coaches.
Events are targeted at youth under the age of 25 years and focuses on activities that create increased participation in physical activity and promote healthy lifestyles.
HEALTHY CHOICES PROGRAMMING
The Healthy Choices programming is intended to promote health and prevention activities that support individuals, families to make positive lifestyle choices.
The garden is a Canadian Agricultural Partnership providing an annual community garden in Fort Liard.